Campus Tulsa is an initiative to invigorate the Tulsa economy by attracting, retaining and developing diverse talent on regional college campuses. In short: we facilitate opportunities for college students to fall in love with Tulsa and see Tulsa as a place to launch their careers post-graduation. This initiative is founded by the City of Tulsa, Tulsa Regional Chamber, and The George Kaiser Family Foundation.
THE PARTNERSHIPS MANAGER ROLE
Campus Tulsa seeks a highly-skilled Partnerships Manager to oversee efforts to support employer partners in launching or growing internship programs in Tulsa. Additionally, the Partnerships Manager will cultivate university partnerships that recruit college students to participate in Campus Tulsa programs and initiatives and lead efforts to support their professional growth. Reports to the Managing Director.
What you will accomplish
- Building valued relationships with multiple stakeholders and staff on regional college campuses, employers and HR professionals in the Tulsa business and nonprofit community
- Development and maintenance of a knowledge management platform that contains details of the needs and interests of both higher education leaders, community partners, and business leaders in the development and retention of regional talent
- Increased Campus Tulsa brand awareness as measured by: partnerships, applications, events, and social media engagement
Your essential duties:
Higher Education Partnerships:
- Manage relationships with Campus Tulsa college and university partners
- Develop a communications strategy and correlating tactics to ensure college partners are aware of Campus Tulsa programs and can easily share that information with colleagues and students
- Regular meetings with key college and university staff to promote the use of Campus Tulsa programs, understand college and university staff needs and how Campus Tulsa programs can be helpful
- Track applications, offers, and internships of college and university students in Campus Tulsa programs for reports to key stakeholders
- Create and staff on-campus events to promote Campus Tulsa programs to students
- Manage relationships with employers, local recruiting staffers and HR leaders
- Develop communication strategies and tactics for employers, local recruiting and HR leaders to ensure they are aware of Campus Tulsa programs and are utilizing them
- Support HR staff in the creation, development and growth of paid internship programs
- Monitor the interns impact at respective business and organization partners
- Recruit employers to attend and recruit students at Campus Tulsa career events
The ideal candidate:
- Three years’ professional experience in a relationship or program management role, with experience in higher education and/or HR a plus
- Working knowledge of Tulsa’s higher education and/or business community
- Working knowledge of internship program management
- Ability to cultivate and sustain relationships with key stakeholders
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial enthusiasm for facing new challenges and finding solutions
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of email and social media marketing
- Experience recruiting
Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s degree preferred
- Excellent relationship management and project management skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and pivot when a strategy or tactic does not appear to be effective
- Metrics mindset to determine how to track partnership effectiveness and impact
- Ability to represent Campus Tulsa at higher education and employer convenings
- Ability to communicate effectively with the college student audience through in person presentations
- High emotional intelligence to understand and respond to partner need and to collaborate internally to convey partner expectations
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion reflected in understanding of how language, actions, images and messages impact and are perceived by diverse audiences and a desire to speak to students and stakeholders in a respectful and empathetic way
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite, Google Workspace Apps
- Must be able to travel independently to sites across Tulsa and greater Oklahoma area, occasional travel to neighboring states
- Physical effort/lifting requirements – up to 20 lbs., for lifting supplies and materials as needed
- Some nights and weekend work required
- This position will be an office based position in Tulsa although it will start as remote work due to COVID-19 until the office reopens.
- Reliable internet access in home
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in a highly visible action oriented education organization. Our compensation package is commensurate with experience and includes a competitive based salary as well as health and vacation benefits.
Campus Tulsa is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.